Teacher externships offer unique professional development opportunities that enable high school teachers to connect academics with job readiness.
Youth CareerConnect grantee Pathways Bradley has developed a Teacher Externship Handbook with many useful templates and tools, including sample planning documents and book studies. This valuable resource will help get you create your own successful externship program.
SAMPLE TOOLS INCLUDED IN THE HANDBOOK
Tools for Schools
- Teacher Team Externship Program Packet
- Teacher Questions for Employers (page 9)
- Outline for a Lesson Plan (page 18)
- Externship Contract (for teachers)
- Externship Journal Template
- Skills Observation Form with Classroom Application Notes
- Workplace Learning Opportunities Tool
Tools for Employers
- Employer Host Information including Teacher Activity List
- Externship Evaluation Template